Nambucca Dental Surgery
PATIENT - 60YO Male
Chief complaint – was up all night with pain in the lower left jaw, “The pain feels like it radiates up into the upper teeth and ear”.
Patient is in the waiting room hoping to be squeezed in on a Saturday.
INTRA ORAL FINDINGS
• No soft tissue swellings
• No erythema
• OH excellent
• Heavily restored LHS multiple restoration.
• 36 TTP
• Recent endodontic treatment and crown on 37
• Need for radiograph – OPG not working – a periapical radiograph of 36,37
PATIENT REQUESTED EXTRACTION
• Tooth extracted
• Did not graft the site
• Some buccal plate lost in extraction, the tooth was sectionally removed.
• Very difficult extraction due to roots fracturing.
REVIEW APPOINTMENT 2 WEEKS LATER
• Soft tissues healing, no swelling
• Secondary intention of socket
• Granulation tissue at 36 site
• Explained to patient I could not replace for at least 6 months to get the best possible outcome
• Buccal bone damage had been minimal (Tooth still fractured all the way to the apex)
• OPG machine working
INTRA ORAL PHOTOS
PATIENTS SUBSIDIARY COMPLAINT(S)
• “I would like the gap filled”
• Tooth in front a little sensitive
• Patient’s Expectations:
- Happy to be involved in USyd- Implant
- Not in aesthetic zone